Sunday, January 11, 2009

badd speling, great life


The first week of teaching is behind me.
I'm not sure I'm ready to let it slide by.
It was my one chance to convince the students that I am their comrade, their leader, their silent (and loud) guidance.
It was my one chance to facilitate an atmosphere of caring, determined co-operation (did I?)
It was my one chance to spell correctly on the chalkboard (I didn't).

Whether or not the first week meant anything, it was a rush. I like my job. I have a job!

Hugo is adjusting, I  guess. I mean, I know he wishes I was with him every minute of every day. 
And I don't just want Hugo to "turn out fine."
I want Hugo to be happy and excited and loving and loved every minute of the way. 
As if turning into someone were all that mattered. I still don't know how I'll turn out.




We still co-sleep and Hugo still nurses. We are close. I still sing him to sleep and snuggle him awake. We still read stories and he still sits on my lap when he watches Dora (ps - he's scared of Swiper the Fox. should I cut out/back on Dora?). He still names my nose, eyes, ears, hair, and milk jugs a few times a day. Hugo is still my baby. And my darling, beautiful, chatty toddler.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

swiper is a douche. if it gives him nightmares then maybe give it a rest (it shows he's holding onto the fear, ithink) otherwise, it is a safe fear for him to "try on" or whatever...i dunno i am eating sour patch kids & listening to bruce springsteen...how have i turned out?
but, i am totally obssessed with how my girls are appearing on their "happiness scale"...and...it's not good. the older one is miserable & it is all my fault.
i am not saving for an resp, i am saving for therapy.

Anonymous said...

also, i am mad looking forward to may & hanging in beacon hill park avec hugo et son famille :)

PurestGreen said...

I know nothing about parenting. The whole concept terrfies me (why is terrifies one of those words that always looks wrong, even when I look it up?)

So I'll just tell you that you're beautiful and strong.

:)

norah said...

BG - ditto. i dream of being post-exams, post-semester. being on a trip!! with youz all!!!
PG - ta. you are kind.