Thursday, October 30, 2008

gross

I'm writing.
There was a rock slide and I can't go and see my parents this weekend. God. I mean, if there were a God, it would be an irritating one.
And some stupid lady in the pool the other day asked if Hugo's name was "ethnic."
And I answered by rambling on about his name and other lame and not-lame baby names, nervously filling the politely racist air.
In said ramble I noted that "People are all over the Old Testament names these days. Which is so weird."
Stupid racist lady said "My son's name is Zachary. "
I said nothing.
"And I'm 38 weeks pregnant. It's a boy. We're naming it Elijah."
Just so you know, she was in the pool and I couldn't see her pregnant self.

Note to self : when someone says "ethnic," excuse myself for an emergency. Like peeing. Or looking at clouds.
Effers.
I don't want to be mean to pregnant people. Even if they deserve it. Did she deserve it? Am I a meanie?

And Hugo's going to be an awesome stripey tiger tomorrow. I bought his costume. Did not make it. Not at all. Yet another surprise of what kind of Momma I am. Cartoons : sure!!! Store bought costume : yahooo!!!!
At least he's back in cloth diapers. Close brush with the convenience of plastic. Ewww. Plastic. Grody gross grodessy grosssss plastic pee diapers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh god. yes. i am laughing out loud. i know exactly what you are talking about. politeness, indeed. fuck right off is more like it.
and, also yes: i am definitely constantly amazed at what kind of momma i am too. this morning i "pitched a fit" because my new face paints didn't work. and i had heartburn all day & stood around for 40 mins. waiting for a meeting that is evidently next week!
let's hope tricks n treats is better (it's in 3 minutes)

PurestGreen said...

Oh the glory of awkward social moments. I've taken to just staring blankly at the person in silence. There's something so rewarding about it.