Monday, January 07, 2008

Everything is Better with Baby


Baby and I had a great time in B.C.

I especially liked: playing board games; hanging out at the house of M, K, A, and A or M.A.K.A., I like to call them; looking at the blue blue sky of the cariboo; eating My Mum's mincemeat tarts (we call them mincemeat farts); visiting my awesome Uncle in Kelowna at his palatial house with huge leather furniture, Persian carpets and enough food and movies to wait out the apocalypse; having a lovely visit with Hugo's Daddy and seeing them bond lots and fall in love with each ; other, and generally seeing Hugo see B.C.

Everything is better with baby.


Even Alberta isn't so bad.

We're going to a "parenting" class tomorrow. Yes, I am suspicious. Yes, I signed up for it of my volition. Perhaps just to cruelly mock it, perhaps to eagerly seek a Mum friend, perhaps in hopes of free things. Perhaps to learn something.

I will report back.


Here is what Hugo can do now:

smile, laugh, kick, google, coo, perform Deleuzian rhizomatic analysis, almost roll over, and hold his head up.


He rules.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maka is the coolest! i am quite sad we didn't get to see more of each other, but what we had was lovely. hugo does indeed rule and he is an absolute peach. all softness and happiness. juicyness and love.
i am going to have to google "Deleuzian rhizomatic analysis". also, parenting classes are awesome for making friends. can't wait to hear the analysis!

DJH said...

Deleuzian rhizomatic analysis is a lot easier without a concept of self. Although, maybe he has that already. I don't really know when babies get that.