Saturday, November 17, 2007

Or something: Zincofax Toxicity Produces Insanity in New Mother



So, Hugo, aka Pumpkin, Hugito, or Mummy's little Chavista, has fallen in love.


With a Panda.

It's all about trans-humanism these days, right? Since it's a stuffed panda on his mobile above his changing table, it might be "stuffed trans-human cyborgism."


He smiles and googles at the Panda a lot. A lot. Like, he's smiled at me exactly 4 times and at the panda about 400. Yesterday I was wearing a black parka and a black toque. My underslept pallid face gleamed down at Hugo in his carseat and he cracked a nice big smile, followed by an exclamatory fart.

So I was thinking of covering my face with Zincofax, smearing eyeliner around my eyes, and wearing my black toque permanently.

You know, to stimulate my baby's brain so that he grows up to be, um, a genius zoologist.

Or something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah laughed my ass off at that one. welcome back!
pandas are lazy, if that makes you feel any better. compared to the superior human race that is...they don't even own blackberries or ipods...they could possibly be dreaming up the solutions for world peace tho'...

norah said...

and i'm competing with a mere miniature stufeed replica of a panda!

but for the record, he' started smiling at lots more now.

and he does cry if he notices that i've gone out of the room when he's awake.

and, well, he's just so darn cute and perfect.

Anonymous said...

oh, yeah, babies ALWAYS like pandas more than parents.
it's their "thing"