Sunday, June 24, 2007

Not that cute





I am so keen to get to BC.


Last night as I was trying to sleep the smell of fire kept on waking me up.

Just my neighbours having friendly backyard fires.

In the city.

Fires and beer and trucks with Support Our Troops and Jesus Fish bumper stickers. In the city. Without the benefit of fresh lakes, pine forests, dragonflies or sunsets.


Between flashbacks to the Okanagan Mountain Fire, the sweet lullaby of sirens, revving engines and the dark buzz of heavy bodied black flies smashing into the ceiling, it was not fun going to sleep.


Not to mention that if I roll onto my left side I wake up dizzy and out of breath.


Sigh.

Not that I expect I'll be getting enough sleep when this baby is on the other side of my body.
But at least I'll have someone cuter than me to look at when I stumble around at 3:45 am.


I'm not super cute right now. Especially today.

4 comments:

PurestGreen said...

Often my walk to the train station feels like a tunnel of car exhaust and diesel fumes from the train. I struggled when I lived in Vancouver. I wonder how I'll manage when I move into Edinburgh. I think the difference is I love Edinburgh, so will forgive the inconvenience. Soon you'll be walking around 108 Lake and swimming and feeling great - no worries.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm, tasty deep fried jesus fish.

Anonymous said...

yay!

Anonymous said...

just because you are here is no reason not to update. then i'd have something to do while i loaf at the store...